Engineer-in-Training - Orlando
|Location:||Orlando , FL|
|Benefits:||Health, dental, life, disability, and AD&D insurances. 401K with employer contribution. Flex spending benefits, vacation plan, 10 paid holidays.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Office:||USA - Orlando, FL|
EFCO Corp., one of the world\'s leading manufacturers of forming systems for concrete construction, has an immediate opportunity for a qualified Engineer-in-Training (EIT) candidate at our Orlando, FL office. The EIT will work under an experienced engineer to learn the ropes of concrete forming technology, and eventually become the District Engineer.
EFCO promotes opportunities for internal advancement and continued employee development. A possible career path for this position includes transitioning into territory management. Engineers with an interest in this type of opportunity are highly encouraged to apply!
This position will be responsible for:
- Drafts preliminary layout, engineers and prepares equipment requirements for contracted custom and standard projects as assigned by direct reports. May also be required to supervise on a project-by-project assignment.
- Handles drafting and engineering functions of pre-sale projects. References District Engineer and other key personnel as needed.
- Develops and checks drawings and equipment takeoffs. Reviews the work of Drafters and Checkers.
- Creates erection drawings and detail drawings to be used in both custom and standard projects as assigned by direct reports.
- Develops and coordinates guidelines used in training for EFCO’s policies, procedures and forming systems. Recommends changes in procedures when appropriate. Updates drafting and engineering standards, as appropriate.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Applicants should have a good work ethic, strong communication and time management skills, and the desire to work in a fast-pace environment. Candidates will have a BS/BA in Civil or Construction Engineering. Mechanical Engineers with a strong interest in construction may also apply. Recent and soon to be college graduates are also encouraged to apply!!! Final candidates will be required to pass a background check and post offer/pre-employment physical and drug screen.
We participate in E-Verify
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.