District Engineer - Memphis
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Life and AD&D insurances, 401(k), Employer contribution plan, Flexible spending benefits, Vacation pay, 10 Paid holidays, Employee training and opportunities for advancement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Office:||USA - West Memphis, AR|
EFCO Corp., a world leader in concrete forming technology, has an immediate opportunity for a Civil Engineer to fill the position of District Engineer in our West Memphis, AR District Office. This is an excellent opportunity for professional development with a highly successful company.
If you can get excited about providing quality products, innovative forming solutions and super service with a high degree of integrity, then EFCO has the opportunity you have been waiting for.
At EFCO District Engineers are the "Grow the Business" partner of the District Manager, providing engineering support for both presale and contracted work. Responsible for coaching and counseling direct reports, this position also builds, develops and manages the engineering team capable of carrying out needed engineering initiatives for the District.
For examples of projects that EFCO has been involved in, visit our website at www.efcoforms.com.
- Manages engineering and drafting of pre-sale standard and special formwork as requested by sales. Parters with the sales team to grow the business profitably by establishing safe forming concepts and development feasible engineering plans based on the current overall engineering workload and priorities.
- Manages engineering and drafting of contracted standard formwork. Plans, conducts and supervises assignments, reviews progress, and evaluates the results of the team.
- Performs structural analysis of formwork and/or shoring to ensure safe use of equipments. Compiles calculations to be submitted with erection drawings for an Engineering Assurance review and approval prior to shipping equipment.
- Leads and directs administrative engineering functions such as selections, hiring, developing and training of new and existing employees, employee reviews and devleopment planning.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
A District Engineer does a lot more than crunch numbers; they manage engineering projects and people and also have the opportunity to travel to various job sites during the application, use and cycling of our forming systems.
- Bachelor's of Engineering degree, plus minimum of 6-12 months of EFCO experience or engineering experience.
- Past mangement experience a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to complete basic mathematical calculations required.
- Must have the ability to interpret specifications and use engineering judgement in non-typical design applications.
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, organizational, training and PC skills are required.
- Must work effectively under pressure, exervice good judgement and maintian confidentiality.
- Limited travel required.
Final candidates will be required to pass a background check and post offer/pre-employment physical and drug screen.
We participate in E-Verify.