Industrial Engineering Technician
|Location:||Des Moines, IA|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Office:||USA - Des Moines, IA|
Construction Products Inc. currently seeks an Industrial Engineering Technician to be based out of our Des Moines, IA manufacturing facility. Under limited supervision and utilizing moderate latitude, the Industrial Engineering Technician carries out design/drafting assignments of a routine to complex nature and works closely with Industrial Engineers.
- Creates drawings, models, schematics, and/or plant layouts as related to various manufacturing processes, tooling, fixtures, meaintenance, and saftety apparatuses, plant infrastructure, and machines developed in-house or purchased wholly or in-part from outside vendors, ranging from conceptual to final design. Works closely with all key personal to ensure that drawings or technical informaiton conveys the correct information and are error free.
- Coordinates with other departments and/or outside vendors to procure all data required to develop a design. Assists with the procurement of various resources, information, and materials needed for assigned projects, and serves a a "hands-on" liaison between Industrial Engineering and Maintenance Dept., Tool & Die Dept., Production personnel and others.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation and facilities infrastructure layouts associated with various manufacturing systems, machines, and facilities of CPI.
- Works closely with Industiral Engineers to prepare drawings, models, and/or technical specificiations for the presentation of a project or design to Executive Management.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Associates degree or equivalent, plus a minimum of 2 years experience in machine designs including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems/schematics related to drafting and other technical related functions and documentation.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints is required. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schematic form. High mechanical aptitude with the ability to complete moderate-level mathematical calculations is essential.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills with various levels within an organization as well as with outside vendors and/or contractors. Must be comfortable gathering information and/or performing and coordinating various tasks and projects in a factory shop floor setting. Problem solving, organizational and PC skills are required.