Engineer-in-Training/Technical Sales - Columbus
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Office:||USA - Columbus, OH|
EFCO Corp. a world leading manufacturer of forming systems for concrete construction, has an immediate opening for an Engineering-in-Training (EIT)/Territory Manager-in-Training (TNT) based out of our Columbus, OH District Office.
If you desire to be the best at everything you do, then you may be the type of person we are looking for to join our training program, at EFCO Corp. Our comprehensive training program focuses on product knowledge and engineering and sales procedures, and includes spending time with experienced employees out in the field.
You will work under an experienced engineer to learn to apply our engineered systems in concrete forming. You will eventually learn to develop leads, propose solutions, and manage relationships inside the concrete forming industry. Ultimately you will use your knowledge of construction to work with commercial, treatment plant, and bridge contractors to evaluate both their vertical and horizontal formwork needs in a technical sales role.
This is an excellent opportunity for professional development and advancement.
- Provide engineering support for both presale and contracted work. Create erection drawings and details.
- Manage pre-sale engineering and provide consultation as needed.
- Coordinate engineering of contracted standard formwork. Plan and assign personnel for given projects or tasks.
- Plan, conduct and supervise assignments, review progress and evaluate result of team. Check drawings and equipment lists. Coach and provide counseling on formwork for Engineers, Drafters and Checkers.
After mastering the engineering side of EFCO, you will be promoted into a consultant role of Territory Manager-in-Training. In this role, you will work into developing a territory and becoming a full Territory Manager, earning commissions on the solutions you sell, while still utilizing your engineering background. In this role you will:
- Communicate with customers to discover their formwork needs.
- Provide Engineering with proper information concerning form requirements on a project, in order to develop the most efficient forming solution for a customer.
- Coordinating shipments with distribution.
- Providing customers with superior service.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering. Civil or Construction preferred. Mechanical or other disciplines with a genuine interest in construction may also apply.
- Knowledge of general business and/or sales processes a plus, but not required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and competitive nature
- The desire to work in a fast-pace environment is required.
- Ability to read blueprints and AutoCAD experience is a plus, but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel is a must
- Applicants should have a good work ethic, strong communication, and time management skills.
Recent and soon to be college graduates are also encouraged to apply!!!
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.