Engineer-in-Training - Columbus
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Office:||USA - Columbus, OH|
EFCO Corp., one of the world's leading manufacturers of forming systems for concrete construction, has an immediate opportunity for a qualified engineer to fill an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) position at our Columbus, OH District Office.
The career path for this position would be to work into a District Engineer role or a Territory Manager-in-Training role.
The EIT will work under an experienced engineer to learn to apply our engineered systems in concrete forming. This is an excellent opportunity for professional development and advancement.
|Duties:|| General duties of the EIT include: |
- Become a "Grow the Business" partner of the District Manager, providing engineering support for both presale and contracted work. Create erection drawings and details.
- Manages pre-sale engineering and provides consultation as needed. Growing the business through a partnership approach with sales.
- Coordinates engineering of contracted standard formwork. Plans and assigns personnel for given projects or tasks. May act in a liaison capacity with district personnel such as District Managers, Territory Managers, Field Supervisors and Warehouse Managers.
- Plans, conducts and supervises assignments, reviews progress and evaluated results of team. Reviews and checks work of direct reports. Checks drawings and equipment lists. Coaches and provides counseling on formwork for Engineers, Drafters and Checkers.
- Lead and direct administrative engineering functions such as selection, hiring, developing and training of new and existing employees, employee reviews and development planning as well as assist in providing feedback regarding salary administration.
- Applicants should have a good work ethic, strong communication, and time management skills.
- Strong AutoCad skills and the desire to work in a fast-pace environment are required.
- Candidates will have a BS/BA in Civil or Construction Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineers with a strong interest in construction may also apply.
- Recent and soon to be college graduates are also encouraged to apply!!!
Final candidates will be required to pass a background check and post offer/pre-employment physical and drug screen.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.