Cost Accountant - Des Moines
|Location:||Des Moines, IA|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D insurances, 401(k), Flexible Spending, Health Saving Account, Vacation pay, 10 Paid holidays, Employee training and opportunities for advancement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Office:||USA - Des Moines, IA|
FORM YOUR FUTURE
EFCO Corp. is currently recruiting a Cost Accountant for our Des Moines, IA Corporate Office.
This position performs a variety of monthly, quarterly and annual duties, both routine and non-routine, in support of various Finance functions. Responsible for supporting the Finance department and business partners with financial analysis, analyzes and compares expense trends and results, and supports the overall financial reporting process.
- Analyzes cost records, including standard vs. actual costs and related variances.
- Understands and reports on labor, material, and overhead trends, while identifying opportunities to enhance ROI.
- Develops and maintains business intelligence reporting and tools.
- Records and reconciles inventory, leasepool, and cost of sales.
- Coordinates and reports results of annual inventory observation process.
- Provides ongoing support, including monthly financial data and expense analyses, while identifying and implementing profit enhancing strategies.
- Records fixed assets acquisitions and disposals, along with running monthly depreciation.
- Backfills and assists with ad hoc projects.
College degree or equivalent, plus minimum 2 - 3 years of cost accounting experience. Knowledge of financial reporting and process improvement techniques required. Familiarity with Crystal Reports and advanced Microsoft Excel skills a plus. Detail oriented, organizational and communication skills required. Problem solving and problem resolution skills. Must work effectively under pressure, exercise good judgment, and maintain confidentiality.
Post Offer, Pre-Employment Physical & Drug Screen Required.